Safe n Sound are releasing the new Compaq AHR to baby shops shortly. For many years, the number of Australian parents buying smaller cars; is on the increase despite the number of people buying 4wd and SUV's seemingly to also be on the increase. A result of this is that Safe Compaq (Britax) are redesigning carseat to fit smaller cars.
The new Britax Compaq AHR; now features Britax’s unique Active Head Restraint (AHR); which assists to protect your baby’s head in the case of a side impact. The addition of the AHR increases energy absorption in a side impact crash by as much as 25%.
The new Safe n Sound Compaq AHR has a smaller footprint; which reduces the rear facing installed seat depth by 15mm.
Some of the key features of the Britax Compaq AHR carseat include:
- Active Head Restraint (AHR™) – provides head protection as your child grows.
- Easy Adjust Harness - no need to take the car seat out of the car; to rethread the harness as the child is growing; helping to reduce the likelihood of installing the carseat incorrectly.
- A new push button to adjust the Easy Adjust Harness from the front of the seat.
- The large side wings are EPS lined; and have been constructed to contain and protect your child’s head in a side impact crash.
- The Safe-n-Sound Compaq AHR is ideal for cars that are smaller internally in width. Families with 3 children across the back seat (all in car seats) will benefit from the new slimcompaq AHR design.
- The narrow external width allows for better access to seat belt buckles, making it easier to install the carseat.
- EZ-Buckle system keeps the harness buckle in a forward positio; and prevents your child from sitting on the buckle when getting in.
- Suitable for children from birth to 12 months – rearward facing; then from 12 months to approx 4 years of age – forward facing.
The new Safe n Sound (Britax) Compaq AHR Carseat is available in 4 colours – Blue, Black, Grey and Cool Berry